Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday February 27th Update...

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for the love, support & prayers that are flooding in. We do let Mom know about all of your well wishes and it always puts a smile on her face. It is so greatly appreciated you'll never know how much, and I really mean that.

Mom was transferred to Angel's Grace Hospice yesterday. Everything went very smoothly (Mom said the guy drove too fast though...but he was really actually going slow). We got her all settled in her room and Shelley & Joy popped in to see Auntie Marge. She was doing great (sleeping, comfortable and aware of her surroundings) apparantly until I left and then she was up all night raising a little H-E-double hockey sticks!!!! And, she has her room cold!!! Dorothy spent the night with her & she said it was rough. I was able to sleep in my own bed. Dorothy is going home this afternoon to spend the night in her own bed!!!

Angel's Grace is the most amazing facility. It's beautiful, very peaceful & comforting. Mom has a very large spacious room, she's surrounded by windows and in front of her there is a big bay window with a window seat. Dorothy and I got a tour from a lovely volunteer by the name of Jean. She gave Mom a handmade teddybear & a handmade shawl. They have a cozy dining room, a library, a beautiful chapel & a parlor. It truly is a beautiful place, so beautiful it's hard to describe. We all feel like we're doing the right thing for Mom.

There is so much stuff rolling around in my head and I'm just trying to get the blog thing checked off my list this morning, along with laundry and maybe making a little banana bread! The past 4 weeks seems like it has gone so fast, but it also seems like a week last's a month. It's so strange. During the day at Mom's house time would fly and at night it would just stand still. I still can't quite wrap my brain around everything. I'm just going day by day. Dorothy is coping a different way and I feel so bad for John, who drives here from Michigan every weekend and works all week at a demanding job. God has revealed so much to all of us through this process and His amazing love for us and the strength He is providing in us to get us through this is so evident.

Mom has been really funny these past few days and I will try and take the time to share those stories with you soon. We do have them written in a journal we've been keeping.

Keep on praying and we'll try and keep you posted a little quicker (they have a computer I can use at the hospice).

Love and God's Blessing to you all-
;) Michelle/Lucy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the transformation went well for Gramma Marge. It's also nice to hear that the facility is so gorgeous! We'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers!! Judi.

Anonymous said...

Hello to Dorothy, Lucy and, of course, Marge from Ralph and Sue Ratliff. We have you all in our thoughts and prayers. What a blessing that the hospice is there for you all. It must be a comfort to know she is where she can be taken care of exactly how she wants.
May God watch over you.
Sue