Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday 2/22 A.M. Update...

I spent the night with Mom last night so Dorothy could get a good nights sleep (and she did, I was a little worried that she'd be laying there awake all night). Mom, however, did not get a good night's sleep. She was pretty much up all night. She's very weak and very uncomfortable. The new pain med's didn't work as well, so I ended up giving her 2 at 4:45 a.m. and then she was able to relax a little bit.



I did have a very good conversation with the Dr. filling in for Mom's regular Dr. who is on vacation. He suggested not doing the Pleural Vac (that would be Mom going back into the hospital to have another tube put into her chest to drain the Pleural Fluid around her lung). He asked if we wanted comfort or to extend her life. Mom only want's comfort measures, so that is the current decision. He also suggested us converting from Palliative Care to Hospice Care, starting from the home and then when the time comes transferring to Angels Grace Facility in Oconomowoc. Everyone I've talked with have said it's a beautiful facility. So that is where we currently stand. I feel much better after talking to the Dr. - Dorothy is going to talk to Mom's nurse Bonnie today about uping her meds and I will update you tomorrow.



Please keep praying. Mom is so uncomfortable and she keeps saying how tired & weak she is. There has to be a reason that she is still here and I trust in the Lord that He know's what He's doing. I guess to pray for comfort for my Mom and knowledge/wisdom for us, the Dr. & nurses that we can provided the best care and comfort for her.



Thank you and have a blessed weekend!

:) Michelle/Lucy

http://www.phchomehospice.org/OPage.asp?PageID=OTH000012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sister of mine,
You are a treasure! Your care and support lift me up. I am so blessed to have you as my sister and the next time I need some negotiating done I'm hiring you!
Dr Cooper didn't have a prayer. I think we are in a good place in our heads and we owe it all to your investigative persistance.
Thank you.
Love, Dot.

Sal said...

Lucy,
Sassy Sarah just filled me in. My prayers are with all of you! Sally