Well, we have Mom settled at home right now. She likes her hosptial bed, she says it's comfortable, the mattress is definately thicker than the one at the hospital. I'm so glad we snagged the walker. She definately needs it to get around. They put this oxygen machine in the house that regenerates the air and compresses it, it's very interesting! The first night was a long night, however last night I was a terrible Nurse and didn't hear Mom until she was in the bathroom!!! She was actually making a game out of it to see how far she would get before I woke up, Marge still has her sense of humor!!! The Palliative Care Nurse is Bonnie, and she's very nice. She will be coming in twice a week and then if we need additional she'll come in. She is also going to be with us when Mom goes hospice as long as she can stay at home. Then there is a beautiful new facility in Oconomowoc that she can go into if she/we think it's necessary. Shelley (my cousin) came yesterday, made Mom soup and kept her company so I could come home for awhile, which we GREATLY appreciated :)! She also is loaning us one of Joy (her daughters) hearing aids until Mom's is fixed, this makes Mom feel so much better to be able to hear at least a little bit) John came up this morning so I came home, Emma is sick so we took a 3 hour happy nap. Bill and the boys were just over there for a couple of hours and I'm going to stay in tonight and hunker down and have a few cocktails!!! John brought his laptop so Mom can check her e-mail, she was VERY happy about that! And Dorothy & Frank should be coming home tonight and Dorothy will be up tomorrow. I think we'll go to church tomorrow, go visit with Grandma and then Bill and the kids can come home and I will hang out tomorrow with Dorothy & John & Mom. Mom is still only taking 1 Vicadin at a time and doesn't take them consistantly, only when needed. Her pain is minimal, which is good we are praying it stay's that way. She definately brightens up when new faces arrive. She can only look at this mug so much in a day!!
Well, that's a wrap up for now. I will hopefully be able to enter more consistent entries on the blog now that Big Sis is going to be home :)! Now I can go back to being little sister, baby of the family and turn into the puddle that God meant me to be!!!
I need to say thank you to many people. Your thoughts and prayers are so much appreciated. The meals are DELICIOUS and fantastic and really help out with family time, especially next weekend when we will have a house full (which I love and am totally looking forward to). The support and the people God has surrounded us with is amazing. Your kind thoughts and words and loving support. We Thank All of YOU for everything you are doing, it is so greatly appreciated by all of us!
I'll try and update Sunday/Monday :)-
Michelle/Lucy
3 comments:
hugs dear......see you tomorrow...
I'm so happy for you that God has surrounded you with good family and friends. It seems you are a "do-er" and so it has to be nice to have some time to relax and breathe in the midst of all of this. Praying everyday for all of you. Many blessings to each of you.
Michelle...know that I am continuing to pray for your Mom that she may be free from pain and resting in comfort knowing that she has her family and friends around her. May she feel the love from our amazing father in heaven and may she find peace in it. I am glad she was able to leave the hospital to be at home. I have heard absolutely amazing things about the hospice in Oconomowoc too if she would need to go their at some point.
I am praying for you too as you try and juggle everything...I know first hand how hard it can be to be caring for someone but yet still needing to have some sense of normalcy at home. I will pray for peace for your kids as their routines and schedules are different.
I would love to bring a meal for you and some goodies for those caring for your mom and of course Marge too :) Please let me know if I could do this. Maybe Mindy can come with me and we can spend a little bit of time in prayer with you.
Sending LOTS of hugs your way :)
Post a Comment