This is what my (almost) 9 year old just said to me after a brief interrogation at the kitchen table! The story the lead up to this is as follows...
On New Years Eve we went over to my Sister-in-Law's for her annual New Years Eve Party and on that very evening a crime took place. Somebody in the house ripped up my neice's poster's of Zach Effron (Troy from High School Musical...all the rage in our neighborhood) in her room. There were several children there and accusations were flying to say the least, but no confessions. So as the kids were coming off the bus today there was a bunch of jawing going on out in the street, I call the kids in, we do homework and then I begin the interrogation. There was a forced confession apparantely (by another neighbor) and Emma was implicated in the crime. So, I start pressing her for information and either she A didn't do it or B is an incredibly good liar, which frankly at 4 years old scares the living you know what out of me! Anywho....I'm not knowing what to do at this point so I pick up a folder and hide my face from Emma and look at Billy (the eldest child in the house who usually is a good backup and support for me) and I mouth the words...'do you believe her?' at which point he leans over to me and say's....'WE LIVE IN A HOUSE OF LIES'....at which point I can know longer hold my composure and burst out laughing and WHAM there goes my interrogation! Poof, just like that!
That's it....a day in the life of Me!
1 comment:
OH, that is GOOD!!!!! I can just see the whole thing happening...
and, of course, my Emma-lou would NOT do such a thing!!!
Post a Comment