Oke-dokey, The Ayers Fam. has had a very blessed and wonderful Christmas! We just had the Helm side (my side) of the family over on Saturday to celebrate Christmas. It was so nice and low key, nowbody turned the t.v. on the whole time, after dinner the guys did the dishes and everyone sat around and talked (and waited for me to get back from teaching sunday school...thank you again for waiting for me). HOWEVER.....one of our Christmas traditions is we do a white elephant exchange. And we don't do the nicey, nicey gift white elephant exchange. (I believe there is still a slightly used bed pan lurky about and is probably just about ready for the big comeback. ) As you see in the photo these are a few of the item involved in our exchange....HOWEVER....these are not the items that Bill nor I ended up with! (I got a taxidermy trout from about 1953, which Charlie has already hung in his room). These items in the photo were discovered as Bill and I were retiring for the night.....Bill discovered the tube socks in one of his drawers (these are vintage by the way and I believe my nephew Jake will be getting an identical pair for his BIRTHDAY this year). Well, we giggled and thought that was funny tee hee hee.....So I'm all snuggled in bed and Bill climbs in and all of a sudden he's going 'What the heck?' and grabbing for something in between the covers at the foot of the bed....that would be the shirt folder (which is going to make a terrific graduation gift, something very practical a certain YOUNG LADY could use before she goes off to college in a few years...oh, yes I've got storage space Brianne.....it will be yours again). Again....'Oh, they got us this time, VERY FUNNY.' So at some point in the middle of the night I get up to use the bathroom and I see something in the bottom of our shower....that would be the lovely Golden Cherub (you see, the sweet newlyweds who have gone home with this 2 years in a row better be on the look out in YOUR yard over the next few months because I believe Emma and I will be making a road trip, while your at work one day). I let out an 'Oh, my gosh' when I see it......And then Sunday roles around and I get a little ringy-ringy from my beloved brother, telling me what a nice time they had....blah....blah....blah and asked if I had 'found' anything in my bedroom! So, I tell him what we've unearthed and he said....'oh, I think you're missing something' WHAT? What else could there be? He says look in your underwear drawer, where I find the very fashion forward, pink flamingo boxer shorts! (I believe I will turn these into a very 'fun and whimsical' throw pillow and it will find a nice home on my sisters couch someday!) So, is there a moral to this story? No, not really. Just that I have a really fun family and a whole bunch of CRAP laying around the house! Happy New Year!!!
Monday, January 01, 2007
We Got SKUNKED!!!!!
Oke-dokey, The Ayers Fam. has had a very blessed and wonderful Christmas! We just had the Helm side (my side) of the family over on Saturday to celebrate Christmas. It was so nice and low key, nowbody turned the t.v. on the whole time, after dinner the guys did the dishes and everyone sat around and talked (and waited for me to get back from teaching sunday school...thank you again for waiting for me). HOWEVER.....one of our Christmas traditions is we do a white elephant exchange. And we don't do the nicey, nicey gift white elephant exchange. (I believe there is still a slightly used bed pan lurky about and is probably just about ready for the big comeback. ) As you see in the photo these are a few of the item involved in our exchange....HOWEVER....these are not the items that Bill nor I ended up with! (I got a taxidermy trout from about 1953, which Charlie has already hung in his room). These items in the photo were discovered as Bill and I were retiring for the night.....Bill discovered the tube socks in one of his drawers (these are vintage by the way and I believe my nephew Jake will be getting an identical pair for his BIRTHDAY this year). Well, we giggled and thought that was funny tee hee hee.....So I'm all snuggled in bed and Bill climbs in and all of a sudden he's going 'What the heck?' and grabbing for something in between the covers at the foot of the bed....that would be the shirt folder (which is going to make a terrific graduation gift, something very practical a certain YOUNG LADY could use before she goes off to college in a few years...oh, yes I've got storage space Brianne.....it will be yours again). Again....'Oh, they got us this time, VERY FUNNY.' So at some point in the middle of the night I get up to use the bathroom and I see something in the bottom of our shower....that would be the lovely Golden Cherub (you see, the sweet newlyweds who have gone home with this 2 years in a row better be on the look out in YOUR yard over the next few months because I believe Emma and I will be making a road trip, while your at work one day). I let out an 'Oh, my gosh' when I see it......And then Sunday roles around and I get a little ringy-ringy from my beloved brother, telling me what a nice time they had....blah....blah....blah and asked if I had 'found' anything in my bedroom! So, I tell him what we've unearthed and he said....'oh, I think you're missing something' WHAT? What else could there be? He says look in your underwear drawer, where I find the very fashion forward, pink flamingo boxer shorts! (I believe I will turn these into a very 'fun and whimsical' throw pillow and it will find a nice home on my sisters couch someday!) So, is there a moral to this story? No, not really. Just that I have a really fun family and a whole bunch of CRAP laying around the house! Happy New Year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that! Our family does the "junk drawer" white elephant at my mom's too and it is such a hoot! It sounds like your family is creative in finding bizarre stuff too!! Glad you had a good time-family is so important! Happy New Year!
THat is AWESOME Michelle!!! So glad you had a great time with YOUR family...hehehe!!!! Later dudette.....
Thanks ladies! It was a GREAT Christmas and a fun New Year's Eve over at the neighbor's/Sister-In-Law's house. The kids actually slept past 9 a.m. this morning....yippeeee! Now we're in recovery mode! Still picking up little twisty things, small pieces of cardboard, etc... The kitchen is a complete disaster as well, but there is alway's tomorrow!
Happy Happy New Year!
Ok this was good! This is fast becoming the most fun of white elephant!
Tee hee hee...I will get my revenge!
Post a Comment