Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stages of Grief...

I've been looking for a better chart, but this is the best I came up with!











Shock stage: Initial paralysis at hearing the bad news.

Denial stage: Trying to avoid the inevitable.

Anger stage: Frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion.

Bargaining stage: Seeking in vain for a way out.

Depression stage: Final realization of the inevitable.

Testing stage: Seeking realistic solutions.

Acceptance stage: Finally finding the way forward.

I'm not quite sure where I'm at in all of this, but I think I might be in the depression stage. I feel like everything is a reality now and I'm really sad about stuff. I'm trying to be joyful and a good Mom & Wife, that is my main focus at this point. I know Mom would not be happy with me if I was not trying my hardest to do that. That was always her main focus (and Grandma too).

Hope everyone in Wisconsin, Illinois & Michigan are enjoying our beautiful Easter snow! The kids built a snow bunny, which I will have to post later.

:) Love to you all-Michelle/Lucy

2 comments:

Jen said...

hugs......been keeping you in my thoughts....

Julie said...

Don't worry Michelle, when you think you understand what your going through and think your handling it,"okay", you'll come to realize, that you just go through it one day at a time because that is all one can do. No expectations, no explanations, it is what it is and it is mourning.
My thoughts and prayers with you..always