
Well, I went to see my counselor last night (that would be my hair gal and I am back to being 'dark blond' instead of 'dark blond w/ a silver skunk stripe going done the middle of my head' oh, and I have nicely shaped eyebrows again too), any who....her Dad passed away 2 years ago at Christmas time of bladder cancer. We were able to talk about the same nurses we knew and the healing process and I have to tell you I feel so much better today! She also said this lovely weather isn't making things feel any better either. She borrowed us these Odessey tapes on Good Grieving for kids, she said it really helped her boys out a lot. Billy is still taking stuff pretty hard. He's very sensitive to the smallest things and keeps snapping at his brother & sister (more then usual). Yesterday morning Emma told me 'Grandma told me to have a good Birthday' and I asked her when did Grandma tell you this. She said she whispered it to me when we came to see her at that place (Angels' Grace). This was the Friday night before she passed and we thought she was not really all there (mentally) that night. Which means she was mentally there, Emma has been holding that in all this time...amazing! It made me cry at the moment but goes to show me/us how much my Mom loved her Grandchildren and how they were always on her mind even in her last moments with us.
Whew! Enough of that now. Well we had a very productive Easter, we loaded up the dumpster and it is full and ready to be hauled away! We still have some more work to do, I think I'm going over this morning to take a load of garbage to the curb and load up some more 'stuff' in my van to bring back here. We were able to go through everything and decide who was taking what, which is a huge accomplishment, even if it's not out of the house now, we at least know which house it will be going to. OH, we were all together on Easter (Dorothy, Frank, Sarah, Brian (Heather couldn't come), John, Randi, Brianne, Jake, Bill, Michelle, Billy, Charlie & Emma). We all brought food and work, laughed and cried! It was good for the soul.
Well, I better go get ready to go. The kids are going to spend some time with Amah & Bapa (Bill's Mom and Dad, since we didn't make it over on Easter) and I'm going to go to Mom's and get some stuff done. I think I'm going to take the kids to the zoo tomorrow. We used to always take Grandma to the zoo with us and it was always a special time. This picture is of Grandma and the kids at the zoo, Mom got scared when the dinosaur sprayed her with water!!!
:)
3 comments:
That is an awesome picture! I love her face---you can tell she was a character!!
I'm glad that you're having some better days.
Still praying...
Mindy <><
Your mom was FABULOUS!!!! Thinking of you, and the turkey leg was fabulous!!!!
Thanks for the pictures you put up here of your mom and your mom with your kids. Puts a smile on my face and few gentle tears down ones cheek.
Hugs!
Post a Comment