Why is it people are always suspicious of your 'MOTIVE' when you ask for help, need something or are trying to just be friendly? Am I just a really naive person that when somebody ask's for something, does something, needs something I take it for face value, try to understand where they are at and just be accepting of them?
Now, this is just an example but I've been noticing this more and more lately and frankly it's really starting to annoy me! I took Charlie in on Saturday to the Dr. he had a sore throat, no other symptoms and I just wanted to be sure. So our awesome Dr. Zorek (we love our pediatrician) saw us, understood why we were there and swabbed his throat. The early test came out negative but I got a call this morning (after infecting everyone in Charlie's KidVenture Class yesterday) that it was positive. However, at this point my throat is now sore (I can look at somebody with strep and get it), so I call my Dr.'s office, they take a message I don't hear back but I'm going to be in their general area after I take Emma to school so I call again and talk to this super gal who....accepts me for my call, understands my position and frankly see's things my way. They get back to me, my Dr. is out this afternoon so I'll see one of his associates, but stop by the lab on the way and they'll culture me before I see him. So I go to the lab, they 'tickle' the back of my throat, then off to the the Doc. So, he comes in, very nice talks to Charlie...ask's why he's not at school I explain that he has Strep Throat, he looks me over and say's well you're throat looks a little irritated, but he's doesn't think I have strep, but if I really want he'll run a lab at which point I tell him they've already done that. Then he goes into this whole I cannot give you antibiotics unless the test comes back positive, blah, blah, blah, blah......Okay, I have (excuse the language) shit to do Mr. Doctor, I have 3 kids, piles of laundry, I have my 5 year old and preschool for 2 1/2 hours and you think I would rather drive 30 minutes to the Dr.'s office to get swabbed and sit around here? And yes, I'm just looking for some good ANTIBIOTICS to get me through the day!!!! He was treating me like I just was out shopping drugs.....hello, I'm being 'Pro-Active' Doctor, if you look at my chart you will see I haven't been to the Dr. in a year and the last time I was there.....I HAD STREP THROAT....Ugh!!! Okay, I just ran to pick up Emma, got home and the Doctor's office called the early test came out negative, whew I'll pray but I'm thinkin'????
Okay, so my point is why is everyone always so suspicious of other people? Don't be so cynical (sp?), lighten up everyone's not out to take advantage, use you or take something from you!!!
I do feel a little better now, thanks for letting me blow off this steam! I'm going to wash Charlie's bedding now, he threw up in the car on the way home....such a glamorous life I lead!!!
Have a good day and don't be so suspicious of people, it makes us niave people cranky!!!!
2 comments:
um, yeah, Michelle.......'member what happened to us giving people the benefit of the doubt????
I hope I don't become too cynical and untrusting of people because of what we've been through, but it has shed some new light on why people are cynical.....
Hang in there, hope you feel better soon....stupid doctors.... :)
I hear you Michelle---a similar thing happened to me at the grocery store last week when I was trying to get an in store credit to shop for Elmbrook.
I think customer service situations are really the worst because they are PAID to be friendly and open and inviting.
I am like you--look something's not right---I don't do the "dr." thing just for the fun of it---so please give me something so I can get through the day!
I'll pray for your throat!!
Post a Comment