Friday, April 20, 2007

Nuts!

I just thought what a perfect time to update our blog and download some photos, however Bill has the camera with him...read on!

Well, lets see I guess I need to go back to our Spring Break. We had a great break. Not a lot of conflict in the house, we got Charlie's room painted (still not completely finished though), we did Build a Bear and went to the Jelly Belly Factory. Okay, first off, it's not the factory where they actually make them, it's a warehouse. But it's sort of cute you go on this little train and stop at these sort of stations where they show you a video (similar to Unwrapped on the Food Netw0rk) on how they make Jelly Belly's, Taffy, Chocolate, etc... Then when the tour is finished they drop you off at their little shop and give you a package of Jelly Belly's. The kids liked it and we got a nice stock of Jelly Belly's but the best part for me was my Sister, Brother-in-law and Mom came along and seeing my Brother-in-law, Frank, wearing a little Jelly Belly paper hat (I have photo's on my camera) was truley the highlight of it!!! Then we went to Pinnochio's for lunch, much improved on cleaniness and the burger's were DELICIOUS!!! Then to the cemetary which I think was the highlight of the day for my kids. Some of the tourment we put them through was telling them they were stepping on people and when they were pushing artificial flowers into my Dad's grave sight we yelled watch out you're tickling Grandpa's toes!!! My sister and I are just flat out mean!!! But they had lots of questions like 'Why aren't you crying?', 'Are you going to be buried?' (no way Jose', I'm getting cremated (sp?) and sprinkled someplace peaceful), 'Can I be buried with you?', 'What are those things?' (the condo's), 'How do they get them in there?' but my favorite was from Billy, the conversation went something like this....'Do they bury you in the clothes you die in?', I say 'No, they usually put the person's favorite clothes on and bury them in that', B:'Good, I want to walk around in Heaven looking good!'.....I just about split a gut! That's mister fancy pants for you, he's so preppy!

So since Break is over it's been NUTS! I'm so tired of all this Variety Show rehearsal and will be VERY happy when it's over (next Friday 7 p.m., be there or be square), Emma started Sunshine Soccer this week (parent/child soccer, just teaching them proper technique for dribbling, kicking on goal and NOT TO USE YOUR HANDS. I had such a great time doing it with Emma, she can dribble pretty fast, those long legs can really work! Charlie had a game tonight, scored 2 goals and did killer and goalie, everytime he'd go out after the ball (Charlie's fearless) the other coach would say 'oh my gosh' because I think he thought Charlie was going to get kicked in the head (he will sooner or later though), they lost but they all played to hard and it was fun to watch! Billy is missing his soccer game tomorrow because Bill left tonight with the boys for a Cub Scout sleepover and I won't see my boy's until Sunday which is really bothering me! I'm starting to come to the realization that I have control issue's over my children! But they are going to have a blast, they get to learn: archery, geo-caching (sp?), shooting bb guns, rock climb, nature hike and a bunch of other stuff. It's funny talking to the other parents that have done this before they said the boys barely make it through the camp fire on Saturday Night they are sooooo tired! So I'm sure when I meet them at Church on Sunday I'll have 3 crabby, tired, smelly boys!!!

Dorothy, Mom, Emma and I are going to go to a craft fair tomorrow and then to lunch, then I'll probably head off to prepare for KidVenture/teach and then I think we're going to go to the neighbors to let the girls play, solve the World's problems and have a margarita or two! Annette's husband is out of town until Tuesday so it's just the two of us for a few days!

Okay, I'm going to go clean up my kitchen, put E down for the night and hit the hay myself. We have a subdivision cleaning to do tomorrow early a.m.. It is very open and windy where we live and early this spring we had a bad wind storm on garbage day, so everyone's can's blew over, and we have a lot of garbage all over the outlots and in the ditches!

I will try and post pictures on Sunday Night with hopefully fun pictures of my little Cub Scouts!

Over and out y'all!

1 comment:

Jen said...

you busy little bee you!!!

That cracks me up, what Billy said....he's such a hoot!!!