Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Okay, I am so proud of Billy. He just wrote his first book report and did a fantastic job I had to share it with everyone! As a first time 3rd grade mother I struggled with how to guide my child, however, I found this format online. Billy just plugged all the info in and put it into paragraph form, it worked like a charm! Enjoy! :)


3rd Grade Book Report
By: Billy Ayers
3-SK
March 19, 2007


I read the book ‘Eragon’ by Christopher Paolini. The author was 15 years old when

he wrote it. This book is about a boy named Eragon and his dragon Saphira. Their

problem is that the Empire wants to kill Eragon because history say’s the Dragon

Riders are suppose to fight back and Eragon is a Dragon Rider.



The book takes place in all of Alagesia. The main character is Eragon, an old farm

boy. But, when he finds a dragon’s egg his whole life is changed. Two other

important characters are Brom, he is the one who helps Eragon fight. The other is

Arya, she is the girl that accidentally sent the egg to Eragon instead of Brom.

Towards the middle, sadly, Brom dies by the Empire’s guards, the Ra’zac. However,

Eragon finds a new friend named Myrtagh.



The book ends with a bloody war and Eragon kills the Empire’s side-kick Durza. But

the Empire is still after Eragon. I loved this book. It was action packed with a lot

of detail. If you like scary fantasy books, then try this out.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Kudos to Billy for a job well done! It's so exciting as our kids experience things for the first time! It's so cliche' that we moms say, "Cherish each moment" but it is so true!!

Jen said...

Awesome!!!! He cracks me up!!! He is so going to be something fabulous one day!!!!

Michelle said...

Gloat, gloat, gloat!
:)

Anonymous said...

Great job Billy! I can't believe you are reading at such a high level. I am so proud of you.
Get better. Love, Auntie Dorothy