Well, we've had an interesting weekend. Not 'in general'...As I said earlier, Saturday was busy and Sunday we had some friends over and we had a great time, the Colts one and it was a pretty exciting game. Bill say's sloppy....I say exciting!! What I'm referring to is more on my insides......the 'Bitterness' title.
I came to the realization how UGLY bitterness is this weekend, because I am harboring lots of bitterness, (I'm not going to get into it because it doesn't matter, the why). Needless to say I have been a very unpleasant person, snapping at every little thing, being angry on the inside which is making me very angry on the outside and I don't like it, but I don't know if I'm ready to let go of this. Why do I let other peoples actions bother me so much? Why do I let other peoples inappropriate behavior hurt me so bad? And why do I let their ugliness make me so ugly? I know I have to forgive them, I know that I'm being negative and unhappy because of other people, but why am I harboring it? Why, this time, am I not letting it go? Trust me, these people continually hurt us on a regular basis and normally I just let it go, but I'm letting it get to me this time and you know what? They don't know, they don't care, the only people this is effecting is the people I love more then anything in this world!!!
I'm lifting it up to the Lord in prayer, but He knows if I'm not ready to let go of it I'll hold on and try and control it and we all know where this will get me!
Why am I posting this? I don't know. In hopes that it helps me realize I'm not being the kind of person I want to be? or is it I hope the people that are hurting us read this and realize what they are doing?, honestly probably the later and we all know selfish, miserable people who will read this won't get it....so, as a very good friend of mine would say....'Suck it up buttercup! Let go and let God because those people don't deserve your energy!'
Okay, I feel a wee bit better! Remember, bitterness will get you no where in life and ohhhh it's sooooooooooooooo UGLY!
3 comments:
I love you...hugs.....
I'm praying for you. Even though I don't really "know" you...but you seem like a very kind and thoughtful person--so I am sure it's yucky to not feel like yourself. Blessings...
Thanks for all the love and blessings. I do feel better, so I think acknowledging it and lifting it up to the Lord did help!
:)
Post a Comment