Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Twas 2 Days Before Christmas and all thru our house.....

.....the kids (yes Emma Lou too) are watching Pirates of the Carribean III, yes, it is rated PG13 and my 5 year old is watching it! Another 'My Child Will NEVER' coming back to bite me in the butt!!!! I have just unearthed our 5th Brett Favre Jersey so we can all wear them down to my Sister's in Illinois (pronounced with the 's') today for our Christmas Celebration/Packer vs. Bear Game....it'll be a BLAST, it always is!!! I'm trying to dig up the White Elephant gifts that were strategically placed at my house last year while I was AT CHURCH TEACHING SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!! I'm still looking for 2 more, they are going to somehow make their way home with people. We're not actually sure how we're going to pull this off....but it will be done!!! And yes, to my family, by the time your read this you will either have found the little surprises that were left or will be frantically going through your cars and packages looking for stuff....teeheehee!!!!

My little Downtown Charlie Brown turned 8 on Friday....8 Years Old!!! Yikes! I can't believe it! But he's still a little boy, hopefully for at least 2 more years...Billy is a Dude now, but he'll still hug me when he see's me at school so I've got that going for me! Okay, I better jump in the shower, clean the van out (I think there is stuff that is growing in there), then off to pick up Grandma Grits, back home to wait for Bill, he's doing lights today at Church (we skipped out, the kids went to their class last night, so techinically I'm the only who missed Church since I had to teach last night and Bill is getting a CD for me), then meeting Bill back here and we'll hopefully be down to Dottie's by 1ish.

What else is new with us? It's been so busy and I'm really trying to stay focused and calm and keep a peaceful house with a joyful heart for the Lord. Remembering our Savior's Birth. We don't have all of our decorations up, we haven't baked yet (I think we'll do that tomorrow) and I'm not even exactly sure if I have an even amount of gifts in the basement, but you know what...everyone has been happy around here, the drama has been kept at bay (well a little drama this past week, but it was adult stuff) and my Kids know the true meaning of Christmas and seem to really have embraced it this year. The talk of presents has been minimal and they seem to be more excited about seeing and spending time with our family!

With that said, have a peaceful Christmas and enjoy and find the goodness in everyone!

Merry Christmas and a Wonderful Happy New Year-
:) M

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds wonderful!

Hey, I met someone from River Glen at lunch this past week! Children's Ministry leaders from around the area meet every third Thursday for of the month for networking, fellowship, lunch...her name is Marnie? I asked if she knew you and she was like, 'of course!' The world keeps getting smaller and smaller...lol! It was funny to explain that although I've never met you, I feel like I know you!
Have a really blessed Christmas. I'm so glad you've all been enjoying some peaceful family time and remembering how special this time of year is. Much love!

Anonymous said...

The items were found! Obviously they were lost and will be returned!
Beware!!!!

Michelle said...

Tee hee hee....