Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Happy August...

Well, we've made it to August, I kept telling myself and anybody else who would listen that 'Oh...I can't wait till August, our life is going to totally slow down in August, We don't have all these plans in August, blah, blah, blah...' Guess what? I'm about to have a nervous breakdown...let me explain....

Billy signed up for Braves Football in lew of soccer. We've heard it's a great program, it's run by some of the High School coaches, so it gets them ready for High School football if that is the path they go, etc.... Billy is going into the 5th Grade, this week he's been in conditioning camp all week from 5-7 (plus Saturday's 8-11), tonight they wear their pads and tomorrow they start physical contact....Dear Lord, have Mercy, what did I let my son get into... Well, if the whole, my son is going to die thing doesn't get me going there is the whole feeling overwhelmed thing from all the practice (Monday through Friday 5-7 and Saturday 8-11).

So every year in Muktown this traveling theater group comes to town and the kids can try out for a play. It's usually a well known play (Wizard of Oz, Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk) but they do it with a fun twist. This year it's Pinnochio. In the past 3 years the practice has been from 1-3 M-Th and Friday 3-7 (performance) and a Saturday performance and boom it's done and everybody had fun :)!!! So, I look up online there are only 65 parts for the play, I take the boys to try out and they are numbers 89-90 and there are more kids signing up. So needless to say there will be kids turned away. We all sit down and they give us the schpeel about this is a commitment, you cannot miss, practice will be 1 hour after today for certain groups, tues-thus 1-5:15, Friday 3-end of performance and Sat. performance....right away my minds starts reeling about this is a conflict with football, Charlie has piano today after this, Bill's in North Carolina all week....okay, the chance of the boys getting a part is slim so don't worry about it until the time comes....they both get a part and Charlie gets a part with the group that has to stay after and rehearse!!!! What are the odds!!!! They are both so excited to get a part, they both have speaking roles, Billy actually has a script. So, anyways that whole 'August is going to be so relaxing' crap just isn't going to happen!!! At least this week and something tells me, I've over committed us yet again!!! And, guess what else? It's time for Fall sign-up for everything. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I had my final weigh-in for the Biggest Loser Muktown and I lost 10lbs. in 8 weeks and busted my butt doing it! But I'm not giving up, I've already signed up for the rest of August and September is in the works already with a group. I'm really enjoying excercising and I feel so much better. I wish I would have gotten measured because I know I've lost significant inches....I'm not a fluffy....this is what Emma tells me!!!!

As I said before Bill's in North Carolina all week and all last week he was preparing for this big meeting, so it will be nice to get a less stressed Bill home on Friday Night :)!

Brett Favre :(....need I say more?!?! WHY, Brett, WHY? He made my 8 year old cry his eyes out. The situation is just not good....but I'm first and foremost a Packer Fan so I hope they kick some serious butt this year!!!

I will have a Balsam Lake post soon. I hope you all enjoy this rest of this week and please pray for Billy that he doesn't get hurt too bad!!!

Over and out-

2 comments:

Jen said...

oy!!! Not sure if I should send condolences or congratulations!!!

Hugs all around at any rate......love ya!

Michelle said...

Thanks Jen...I'll get through it, I always do!!!
:) (I feel like Eeyore)