Thursday, April 03, 2008

Input Needed...

Hi Everyone! Okay, I'm in charge of Teacher Appreciation Week at our school and we were thinking of going with the 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' Theme. But that is where I am stuck. Do any of my genius relatives & friends have any ideas??? We do a 'theme' breakfast/lunch each day, we're going to incorporate the kids into it having them bring things for their teacher each day, but how can we build on this theme???

Any ideas would be appreciated!
:) Thanks-Michelle

2 comments:

Mindy said...

hm...an ice breaker at the tables can be random teaser questions from 5th gr...answers can either be on an answer key or inside as a card format. you can decorate with any school kind of items...maybe for the gifts they bring the teachers they have to find them in a scavenger kind of hunt the kids put together..or complete a crossword puzzle to get the gift. a gift could be "smart" kind of candy like smarties..haha..or even a play on words like...a milky way with a note attached..."Thanks 4 teaching us about the Milky Way...you're out of this world!" I have a whole book of how to use food/candy/toiletries as gifts with phrases attached. it's at work...I'll look it up & let u know if there's any good ideas in there.
hope this helps springboard some ideas...i think it's a cool theme.

Michelle said...

Thanks Mindy, we had a change of plan, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader was becoming too complicated! But I might use some of your Candy ideas!
:) Thanks-