Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Okay, I've got a BIG problem....

...like I've said before when I'm stressed I really start to look inward (I think this would be considered a good quality). I've come to the conclusion today that I am a Stress Addict! What does this mean you ask? Well, it seems what I do is I self induce the stress in my life and frankly, I'm a chronic offender!!! We (as a family) have a lot going on this week, A LOT! With Mom's surgery on Thursday (thanks for all the prayers), both of my boys are in this drama camp/play this week, dinner, laundry, other daily chores and what does Michelle do? She pursue's adopting a rescue dog! Do you know what is involved in the adoption of a rescue dog? It, my dear friends and family, is quite the undertaking. As I posted in an earlier comment, I do believe that adopting a male infant from China would be easier!!!! We given reference's, e-mailed back and forth, I had a 30 minute conversation with the Executive Director of the shelter this morning and we have a home visit tomorrow night at dinner time and who knows how long that will take (I pray they don't go upstairs or in the basement, if so....I'm finished). Okay, it's not that getting a dog all started this weekend. We've been in discussion about it for a few months now. And it's not like we have our heart set completely on one specific dog, we are very open and are really just looking for a dog that is a good fit for our family (and are not willing to take out a second mortgage to do so). We thought a rescue dog would be a good choice for us, it's sort of who we are, we just like to help. So, they're bringing Boomer, he's the big dog in the picture. He's a 10 month Labradoodle that they rescued from a puppy mill. There are 2 other dogs we are interested in too. I will keep you posted as to what happens, heck they may take one look at us and say 'Nope, not worthy!' At which point we would have to take a second mortgage out!!!!

Okay, thanks for your prayers for Mom, I will let know what happens. I will do my best to not bring on another stress this week, it'll be my goal!

:) Have a happy muggy day!

4 comments:

Jen said...

you know I'm praying......for mom and the dog thing......keep me posted on all fronts......hugs....

Mindy said...

I'm praying that you keep your head above water and that they stay out of the bathroom. Why does it seem we all have that one room...lol!
I don't know your mom--or I guess you really, although reading blogs certainly help us know how someone thinks and spends their time--but I pray the surgery goes smoothly and she heals quickly.

Amy said...

Sending prayers your way for peace in everything :)

Sounds crazy with the home visit though...good luck :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the prayers!
:)