
Well, I thought I'd better update this ding-dang blog before I lose anymore of my loyal readers.....hahaha!!! This picture is of Emma and Mabecca (it's really Rebecca, however, Emma calls her Mabecca and it's sort of stuck). They were enjoying a lovely luncheon outside, until the sun got the better of them and they moved it inside!!! Gosh darn sun!!!
So, I have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! And those of you who know me well know that I go into this sort of survival mode when I'm busy also know as 'keep your eye on the ball and do not deviate'. This is my excuse for not blogging in so long and I'm stickin' to it!
So I'm going to start with this past weekend and go backwards. This past weekend we had the dance recital, yes, I survived another year of dance recital's....I do it out of the love for my daughter, it is just not the highlight of my year, but she LOVES it! They all did great, I loved being room Mom (they crack me up) and I will post pictures of Lulubelle later, she looked like quite the hootchymama in her black, turquoise, glitter and feather get up. They tapped to Feelin' Groovy! In addition to the dance recital we had 2 graduation parties this weekend, Bill and the boys went to Jake's (Dawn & Andy's son....from college if you can believe it) and we all went to Bobby's (Bill's bosses son) after the recital on Sunday. I am still recovery from so much going on this weekend.
Last Friday was the boy's last day of school. Let me give you a brief re-inactment of what happened. The bus stops, 7 children get off the bus, all but 2 are hooping and hollering 'Woo Hoo' 'Yippeee' 'Allright'! The 2 that were not would be my boys, wiping the tears away as they slowing shuffle up the street to where I am waiting, covered in chalk from my fantastic welcome home sign I made in our driveway. ....Now, should I take it personally? Are they really just dreading being home all summer with me? Or do they really just love their teachers that much? I'm going with the later!!! Anyways, their report cards were AWESOME! Yes, I'm braggin'!!! I cannot believe how smart my children are and how hard they try, woohoo for them!
Prior to the last day of school was a plethora of activity for the last 2 weeks. Fieldtrips (yes, they still do the arm jesture on the bus trying to get the truckers to honk there horn, and then went nuts when the drivers would ablige them), games day (went awesome, I was a co-chair), pen-pal picnic, camp skeeter for the 1st graders, etc.... BIG FUN!!!! Oh, also on the boys report cards is there teachers for next year and they both got the teachers they wanted :)....it's all good! We won't know who Emma has until later this summer.
Let's see other then that the garage is coming along nicely I will need to post some photos' for that too. Oh, our Luna Moth finally hatched today (it spun it's cacoon late last summer). Totally cool, will try and remember to post photos of that as well! My cousin's from California and Arkansas are coming for a visit on Friday so we're preparing for that and we're all very excited! So, I hope your summer's are all starting off well. I will post more later! Thanks for hanging in there and waiting for some new news!!!
:):):):)
Happy Summer!
p.s. Jennifer I read your blog, our first day of Summer Break did not go well either. I had kids sent to their bedrooms, I literally lost it in the dairy section of Pick-n-Save (not one of my better moments) and I was threatening sending them away to live with a new family. But today was a new day and yes, it was much better!!!
1 comment:
HA!!! Oh, it was doozy all around then!!! At least we were together in spirit!!!
HAve fun with your family this weekend!!!
Hugs and smoochies.....
Post a Comment