
Hi Everyone! Well, I'm going to take my cousin Moe's lead and update my blog!!!
We have been busy, busy, busy...it's the end of the school year and it's time to cram everything into a 3 week period!!! I will give you a child update first....
Billy finished up soccer, his team came in 3rd place. The first game in the tournament got a little ugly. We played a very physical team and our kids were not used to be knocked to the ground. The second game was very evenly matched and we one with a shoot-out. He's been busy finishing up all of his other activities as school and was elected to be the vp of the student council for next year. He was very excited about that. He's definately turning a page on us, I think you call it adolescents...let's put it this way...it's only just begun and I don't like it!!! I've even ordered some books from the Christian bookstore to hopefully shed a little light on it. Bill and I have decided if we can get him through high school on a college path and not doing drugs....we'll be thrilled!!! But all in all he is a really good kid, just with an attitude now and the king of Elementary School 6th Grader! Over the summer Billy will be going to summer school, playing tennis & violin and then football again.
Charlie also finished soccer up in 3rd place! His team went undefeated all season and then lost their first game of the tournament to a team that out played them. They won their second game handily. He's just enjoying finishing up 3rd Grade, baseball practice has started and seems to be going well for him. He's also doing a baseball camp. He too will be playing tennis over the summer & going to summer school with Billy (just 2 hours). He's going to continue on with Piano (1 more year and then I told him he can start the drums....God help us). We still don't know if it'll be football or soccer for him in the fall. Something to think about!!!
Emma Lou has just graduated from level 2 in gymnastics and will be moving up to level 3 over the summer. She has her first meet this Thursday which she is very excited about!!! She also is finishing up dance and has her recital in June. She too will be going to summer school for 2 hours a day and she'll be taking swimming lessons (the boys quit on me this year and I figured they didn't drown in the Gulf of Mexico so I think they can swim pretty well). She loved 1st Grade and her 1st Grade teacher so I think we might have tears on the last day of school.
Bill and I are doing good. We need a new roof, which is unbelievably expensive!!! They are starting on that on Friday. Bill's work is going okay, it's a little slow but they are holding their own. I have 7 more days of serving lunch and I'm DONE!!! Yippeeeeee!!! It's been fun, I really love the kids and I've loved getting to know the staff at school a lot better. We'll see what the fall brings??? Needless to say we are crazy busy right now and cannot wait until school is out and we can enjoy the summer. We aren't taking any major vacations this summer (as we went to Florida for Spring Break). We will head up to Dorothy and Franks for the Country Fair Weekend, we always have so much fun Up North with them.
Well, I need to run the monkey's to school. I'll try to update more often!!!
:)
1 comment:
yep;....I know where you are! Same thing here.....going nutz!
Post a Comment