Friday, October 31, 2008

Quick Blurb about the Ayers Family....

Football is over, we're happy and sad about it. We really like watching football, we're more of a football family. Charlie's team was ranked 6th, but they ended up taking 3rd Place in the end of season tournament. Billy's team did pretty well, I'm not sure where they were ranked, they really didn't keep track of that with the 5th Graders. Emma is still doing her gymnastics and dance class. I'm getting more used to picking her and a friend up in the madness at dance class (it's not my thing). I do love gymnastics, I love watching them, it's so funny and now the team girls are preparing for a meet so we get to watch them....wow, I think they're all fantastic. I am still slinging hash in the school cafeteria, I just wish I could have 1 or 2 days off, but I think I found a gal who works at a different school who might consider that for next year :)! Our house is coming along. I can't remember where I left off, so if I repeat forgive me! We had our floors refinished and added wood to our living room (music/computer room). We took the wallpaper off the walls in the kitchen and had knock down finished sprayed in the kitchen, powder room and dining room. We are converting our dining room into an English Pub (our dining room was a junk collector and we used it maybe once every other year). We are having a movable bar put in so, we can push it into the wall and use it as a buffet and put our table in there when we have Thanksgiving or Christmas. We just have 2 more rooms to paint and we're getting new carpeting in our family room and up the stairs, which we know what we want it's just a matter of ordering it. And we took the ugly couch out to the curb yesterday so it's gone....yippee!!! Now we just have our old green one, which we need to decide what to do about that (I want a new one, I've got to work my magic :)). Oh, we got a new fridge too...which was exciting because our old fridge's seal wasn't working so, you'd come down in the morning to the fridge door wide open! And yes, we do have a money tree growing in our back yard!!! Just kidding, my girlfriend teased me about that. We have just been saving up to do this all at one time. And the whole lunch lady thing really rakes in the cash!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well, for those of you who have been worried about me, I am feeling MUCH better. I had bacterial pneumonia a few weeks back and it really kicked my butt. But my energy is getting better and better everyday and I'm pretty much back to doing everything I was doing before, no more using that for an excuse, I'll have to find a new one!!!

Well, as soon as my computer is back where it belongs, I will post some photos of the children and house. I have Hannah Montana (wig and all) and two scary masked boys' that can't wait to go trick or treating tonight. Then of course over to Plaid Man's house for their annual Halloween Party! We will try and behave :)!

Happy Halloween Everyone!
:)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow I am exhausted just reading about all the work you guys have been doing around the house...it sounds amazing though, English Pub that sounds fun. Glad you are feeling better :)

Happy Halloween!

Jen said...

no more pretty flowers in the carpet, huh???