Okay, #1 I wish I was more clever and a better writer (more about that) AND I CANNOT remember my user name & password for this playlist song thing and I cannot set up a new one because my e-mail is already set-up on another account and I keep asking for an e-mail regarding the password and they aren't sending it to me! I've come up with some more old fun songs from my childhood, but you'll just have to wait on that!
Now regarding the 'clever' thing, I wish I was a more elegant writer, but I'm not, I didn't get that gift from God so you just get my rambling and here goes....an update on our CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome...I find this hilarious!).
Well, where do I start....I guess with the really big news....we closed on Mom's house last Thursday! Yes, in this market, we had an accepted offer on her house within the first couple of days on the market. And in traditional 'Marge's Superstitious Fashion' I didn't want to say anything as to Jinx it!!! We feel we got a fair price for it and there is a lovely couple in their early 50's who 'Feel in Love with it!' I'm so happy and I know Mom would be happy and I KNOW she and God played a huge part in the quickness of it all! It was a rough week last week and I did say 'The End' when I shut the garage door for the last time. Another chapter in my life is over!!!
Another weird realization. I was at a soccer game today (more on that to come), and my in-laws came to see Charlie play his last game with his co-ed team (they go all boy/all girl in the fall and 4 of the kids have been together since Kindergarten). Anyways, another mom sitting next to me leaned over and asked is that Bill's parents or your's and I very matter of factly said, I don't have any parents anymore!!! That is so weird and I cannot believe it just came out like that! She of course felt bad for asking and I felt bad for being so blunt. And I do have parents, they are just no longer on this earth with us! It was just weird!
Okay, so, I survived Teacher Appreciation week and it went (no to toot our own horns or anything) AWESOME!!! It really went off without a hitch and the teachers especially loved the spruced up bathrooms, it really made their week! Bill was in Las Vegas all week at the National Hardware Show where he spent almost the whole time in his hotel room sick!!! He ended up flying home with an ear infection, which ruptured on the airplane and now I have a very crabby husband with a very painful, drainy, icky ear!!! It's quite a happy house right now....NOT! I ended up on Mother's Day Night getting very sick and I literally thought I had 'Ran Myself Ragged' from all the running with Teacher Appreciation, soccer, ptg meetings, church, more soccer and more soccer oh and more soccer! But it turns out I had strep throat, but was feeling much better after 48 hours of antibiotics!!!
Okay, the soccer stuff!!! Last weekend, Billy had 2 games in 2 different communities an hour apart the same day and Charlie had 1 game. They all went pretty well. This week Charlie had 2 games, one Friday and one Sunday and Billy played in a tournament on Saturday which was a lot of fun. Both of Billy's games ended up in a shoot out, they lost the first one and won the second...BUT, the funniest part of the whole weekend was our first games coach for the other team...he was the spitting image of Will Ferrell and acted like he did in Kicking and Screaming! We literally laughed our heads off the whole time, the Ref's keeping laughing and talking it up with us about him. I mean I think they made the character in the movie after this guy!!! He had a great team too, but oh my gosh we were afraid he was going to have a heart attack!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6n-paRU-7o&feature=related
Today, after Charlie's last soccer game we came home and I think we figured out our summer schedule. I'm really sad that my boys don't want to go to golf camp again :( I love golf camp! They have clinics all week and then a tournament on the last day! But, Billy's going to try Tennis & Violin and Charlie is going to take Piano lesson's & Baseball, and Emma's going back to Jazz/Pom and Gymnastics and of course, I'm forcing them all to do swimming lessons!!!! They will learn to be strong swimmers!!! Speaking of swimming, we went to a pool party on Friday night (they have a heated pool with a hot tub attached, so the kids were warm enough). Anyway's we were all standing around the pool, but there was a group in front of me and I really couldn't see and all of a sudden I hear them in a firm voice saying 'give her a noodle, give her a noodle' and the next thing I know some Dad I don't really know is jumping in the pool with his clothes on to rescue my daughter!!! It was a very scary thing. I just hope she's not too afraid to go swimming with friends anymore. I know Mom was looking out for Emma that night!
They started the mudroom this week, which reminds me I need to go take pictures. They have the vents & electrical started, the floor is built and I think they're putting the subfloor in tomorrow. Which means I'll need to get my closet cleaned out this week (since it's going to be a hallway) and we finally decided on the cubbies we want, we just have to decide if we're going to build them or order them.
Well, I think that's all for now. End of the school year stuff is in full swing. Busy, busy, busy!
Enjoy this week! I'll post some pictures soon :)!
3 comments:
Yay! It was nice to get a little update! I love your Chaos acronym (I think that's the right word) Sounds like you've been busy but hanging in there...that's good to hear. Blessing to you!!
YEAH!!! So glad you sold the house fast.....kind of one of those bittersweet things.
Call me when you get a chance, I know end of school year insanity is at it's peak!!!
Love ya!
Can't remember your password??...that's so typical of old age (just kiddin')! Actually this is my world everyday...forgetting passwords or anything requiring recall.
What a bittersweet thing to have sold your mom's home (made me cry).
Hugs
Post a Comment