Happy Wednesday Everyone! Well, we're half way through the week, yippeeee!!! I just cannot get a handle on our schedule yet this school year. It seems we're going like crazy every day and night and I really try and control what my kids do and sign up for! Oh well, I guess this is just how it's going to be and I need to focus on damage control rather then controlling the damage!!! I started my Bible Study today. It's on volunteering and serving. Most of you, who know me well know this study will be a struggle for me because I have issues with over committing and then your family suffers from that, however, I'm going into this with an open mind!! One of the questions my study guide is asking is 'If I had the confidence, influence, resources and time to do anything to make this world a better place, I would....' I came up with some of the biggies, mission work, serving at church in women's ministries, etc... but what I really long for is the ability to volunteer freely both at church and school, while having a clean house and all the laundry done. Can anyone help me out here with some tips or advice?!? Why is this simple ideal so hard for me?! (I told you a peek in my mind will be SCARY).
The kids are doing great at school. Billy has a penpal at another local elementary school that he is very excited about and Charlie came home and announced he received his 2nd gold slip today (they get gold slips at school for doing good deads and it starts in 1st grade), he is over the top about this! He's reading really well too, but still doesn't quite get that he's a reader. That crack's me up! Emma is good. Last year she couldn't remember anybodies name in her class today we're walking out and she's calling all of her friends by name and saying good-bye to them. Yeah, maybe she won't be as self-centered as I once thought she might be.
I changed our family room around yesterday and Bill actually likes it! He's recovering from his eye-surgery and it's a slow go. Not seeing as well as he'd like to be, but we'll know more after this Friday (he has another appointment and they'll check his vision then). Work is very busy for him right now too!
Well, I'm going to go get ready so I can scoot after dinner and go to my Bible Study. It's only a 4 week study, I'll keep you posted on how it's going!
Have a great evening everyone and I'll try and post again in the next few days! Huggs-me
3 comments:
M-
set realistic goals! Having a clean house and laundry done isn't everything. Learn what it means to be "content in all circumstances" and "do everything as your doing it to God" at the same time. Some things just arent' doable right now in your season. Figure out how to tackle what is most important and to "manage" the lesser! It's a journey...one worth taking because what you really discover is who YOU are along the way!
Peace
hmmmmm...I think Randi is one smart lady....I have already told you this, figure out what is MOST important and get that done, the rest will be there later. For me I have to focus on the family and just say NO to everything else. Smoochies!!!
I am so blessed to have such wise women in my life :)! Now I'm off to the club for my last appointment with my trainer (who is officially annoying me). Have a terrific day ladies, I love you!
Michelle
Post a Comment